100g Miza Tangy Pea Sauce
75g Risotto Rice
2 Tbsp White Wine or Brandy
1/2 Lemon, zested
1/2 Tbsp Parmesan, grated
1/2 Tsp Oregano, chopped (or 1 Tsp Dried)
30g Frozen Peas
70g Diced Onion
1/2 Tbsp Butter
300ml Vegetable Stock
Toasted Chopped Hazelnuts
Cook Time: 0025
- Prepare the vegetables first. Peel and finely chop the onion, wash and finely chop the oregano.
- In a medium frying pan over medium/high heat, add the butter. Once melted and slightly foaming, add the onion with a pinch of salt. Turn the heat down slightly and cook the onion until soft and translucent, about 5-8 mins.
- Keep the stock warm in another saucepan. Take the peas out to defrost, and warm the Tangy Pea Sauce in the microwave.
- Add the chopped oregano to the onion and cook for 1-2 mins. Add the risotto rice and toast for 2 mins (you should hear a slight crackle).
- Add the wine/brandy, and cook it out until mostly absorbed in the rice.
- Add a ladleful of stock and stir through. Move the pan around to make sure the rice is even below the stock to cook evenly. Stir until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid, before adding another ladleful.
- Once all the stock has been used add the Tangy Pea Sauce with the peas. Stir through and bring to the simmer. Add more liquid if the rice is still not cooked.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the lemon zest, parmesan, and plenty of black pepper.
- Serve with some toasted hazelnuts, fresh oregano and some more grated parmesan.