1/2 Jar of Miza Smoky Tomato Sauce
1/2 Cabbage, outer leaves removed and washed
1 Tsp Capers
1 1/2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 Lemon, juiced
2 Tsp Sugar
1/2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
Pickled onion, Yogurt, Toasted Nuts
Cook Time: 0025
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Prepare the vegetables first. Cut the cabbage into half again, so it should now be teo quarters. Peel and finely chop the garlic and capers and set aside.
- In a medium oven proof frying pan over medium/high heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil. Season the cabbage with pepper and salt. Once the pan is hot add the cabbage cut side down and char on its side for about 3 minutes, then turn the cabbage to the other cut side and char for a further 3 minutes. Turn the heat down slightly and add a knob of butter and spoon the melted butter over the cabbage.
- Add the soy sauce with the garlic, capers, balsamic vinegar and sugar and fry for 2 minutes. Spread this mixture over the cabbage and then transfer the pan to the oven. Roast for about 8 minutes or until cooked through, using a knife to test and it should easily cut through the cabbage.
- In a separate pan gently heat up the Smoky Tomato Sauce until warmed through.
- Spread the tomato on the base of a plate and then place the charred cabbage on top. garnish with the pickled onions, yogurt and toasted nuts or any garnish of your choice.
- See the Chapati Pizza recipe for how to make pickled onions.