2x 400g Tins Chickpeas (drained)
120-140g Tahini (super creamy good quality)
1 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Garlic Clove, minxed
Pinch of Cumin
Plus a couple of Ice Cubes
Roasted Red Peppers, Smoked Paprika, Dill & Parsley, Curry Spices
Cook Time: 0020
- Peel the chickpeas first. This is optional, but it will really help make it extra creamy.
- Place the chickpeas between two tea towels and rub over the chickpeas to release the skins. Discard the skins and then place the chickpeas in a small saucepan.
- Cover the chickpeas with water, a pinch of salt and 3/4 tsp of ground cumin. Simmer on medium heat for 10-15 mins. Drain BUT save the water!
- Pulse the ingredients in a food processor together - starting with 120g tahini, 25g ice cubes, pinch of salt and pepper and a little of the chickpea water, with the chickpeas, lemon juice and garlic.
- Top with some good quality olive oil.
- Store in an air-tight container, or over with some parchment to prevent a skin from forming.
- You can play around with flavours, such as adding in roasted red peppers, or smoked paprika, or try a herby variation with dill and parsley.